Day 1 Early morning departure to Folkestone for the crossing to Calais and onto the Dijon area for an overnight stay. (dinner not included).
Day 2 Continuing the journey into Italy and the Aosta Valley, with spectacular views of the high mountains to arrive in Montecatini Terme for a five night stay.
Days 3 to 6
● ACTIVO - Day 3 Discover the Montecarlo area in Northern Tuscany. Today we climb gently through mixed woodland and the village of San Martino to the town of Montecarlo. You will recover by enjoying a typical lunch in the local wine house. After the refreshing break you take the coach to Lucca for a 2 hour walking tour with local guide, including wine tasting with snacks.
● CLASSICO - Day 3 In the morning you visit a traditional farmhouse and have an introduction to Italian cuisine. Learn how to cook pasta sauce and the art of making handmade pasta and also how to make a tiramisu. After the cooking class a visit to the farmhouse itself with a tasting of wines and a Tuscan lunch. In the afternoon you will travel to Lucca for a 2 hour walking tour with local guide.
● ACTIVO & CLASSICO - Day 4 Today starts with a walk to the train station and visit Florence, the capital of Tuscany. You will enjoy a 3 hour walking tour of the city with a local guide. Then free time to explore before returning by way of train to the resort.
● ACTIVO - Day 5 In the town of Palio we will walk unusual paths, discovering enchanted lanes and quaint hamlets before arriving in Siena with its fountains and wells. We start our sightseeing tour at the Branda fountain the huge Fonte Branda fountain. Next stop is the famous Piazze del Campo with its unique Fonte Gaia. After the guided tour, free time before you travel into the Chianti Valley by coach for wine tasting with snacks.
● CLASSICO - Day 5 Enjoy a guided tour of the lovely medieval city of Siena, the highlight being the Piazza del Campo, a seashellshaped square, on which the famous horse race the ‘Palio’ takes place. In the afternoon travel into the Chianti Valley, a hilly landscape with olive groves, vineyards and palaces. A wine tasting with snacks rounds of the excursion.
● ACTIVO - Day 6 Your final hike of 4.5 km takes you to the hills surrounding San Gimignano. In the afternoon reaching San Gimignano which is also known as medieval Manhattan, admire the town’s unforgettable skyline whilst enjoying a break with a delicious ice cream from the Gelateria Dondoli, one of Italy’s very best. Continue to the city of Volterra by coach.
● CLASSICO - Day 6 A visit to San Gimignano where the family towers can be seen from far away, admire the medieval structures of this city and its large number of art treasures. Then continue to the city of Volterra, a medieval walled hilltop town with charm and traces of history from its Etruscan and Roman past. Time to explore and enjoy the view.
Day 7 Time to leave Italy and travel into France to the Dijon area for your overnight stay (dinner not included).
Day 8 Breakfast, then commence the homeward journey.
Located just a few minutes from the centre. All bedrooms are ensuite with TV, safe, WiFi, minibar and hairdryer. Restaurant, bar, panoramic terrace, lift, garden, snack bar and fitness centre (additional charge).
Overnight Hotels: All bedrooms offered are en-suite.
Single room supplement £93
Holiday insurance £26
(70 years and over £44.50)